Resources on the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
– The Poor People’s Campaign’s 12 Fundamental Principles.
– “The Souls of Poor Folk” preliminary report, which shares data on systemic racism, poverty, the war economy and militarism, and ecological devastation.
– “Questions Must Be Raised: Who are the Poor? Why are we Poor?” By Willie Baptist and Rev. Dr. Liz Theoharis. A short chapter that draws from Dr. King to answer fundamental questions related to the Campaign.
– “It’s Time to Fight for America’s Soul” by Rev. Dr. William Barber and Rev. Dr. Liz Theoharis. An op-ed in Time Magazine’s online edition.
Testimonies and interviews
– National moral effort combats poverty, racism, by Tim Shenk.
– “Overcoming race and class divides: A panel discussion” with Barbara Smith, Willie Baptist and John Wessel-McCoy, moderated by Manolo de los Santos. Faith for a Fair New York Conference, hosted by the Labor-Religion Coalition of NYS, October 18, 2017, Binghamton, NY.
– Poverty: An Obstacle to the Exalted but Unrealized United States, by Evelyn Sanchez.
– Indocumentada: ‘I thought the U.S. would solve my problems,’ by Julissa Martinez.
– ‘Vets Come Home Hurting’: An interview with U.S. Army Veteran Jose Vasquez.
– ‘Why We Need a Poor People’s Campaign’: An interview with Willie Baptist.