Hiring: Interim Coordinator
Committee on U.S.-Latin American Relations (CUSLAR)
316 Anabel Taylor Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA.
A project of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA)
Seeking part-time Interim Coordinator
June 2020 – July 2021.
Mission: The Committee on U.S.-Latin American Relations (CUSLAR) seeks to promote peace, justice and mutual understanding among the people of the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean. The members of CUSLAR are a diverse group of people united in our concern about the role of the United States in the social, political and economic affairs of the region. CUSLAR supports the right of the people of Latin America and the Caribbean to self-determination and control over decisions that affect their lives and communities. CUSLAR is a project of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA).
Job title: Interim Coordinator.
Reports to: The CUSLAR Advisory Board and Anke Wessels, Executive Director of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA).
Summary of responsibility: The Interim Coordinator will receive initial training and then have overall operational responsibility for CUSLAR’s programs and execution of its mission during the period of June 2020 to July 2021 while current coordinator is on leave. The Interim Coordinator is responsible for following all CTA fiscal sponsorship policies and procedures.
- Plan and oversee educational programming, including guest speakers, events, Spanish classes and films.
- Budget and finance
- Fundraising, donor relations and university department relationships for maintenance of financial stability of the organization
- Maintain CUSLAR’s communications presence online and through print media, prioritizing the twice-annual CUSLAR Newsletter.
- Supervise work-study students, language instructors and volunteers, and ensure that procedures for affiliation with CTA and university entities are maintained.
Hours and compensation: Fifteen hours a week. Compensation commensurate with experience, $15-17/hr. CTA is a living-wage employer.
Qualifications: The CUSLAR Interim Coordinator will demonstrate their commitment to CUSLAR’s mission of contributing to peace, justice and mutual understanding in the hemisphere and have strong working knowledge of Latin America and U.S.-Latin American relations. Candidates should have leadership, mentoring, and communications experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Commitment to quality programs and evaluation
- Ability to manage multiple projects, initiatives and relationships simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail in bookkeeping and finance
- Experience and interest in supervising and mentoring undergraduate students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude and self-directed
Direct Reports: Work-study students, 5-8 hours a week during fall and spring semesters. Coordinator works with Cornell Community Work-Study Program to approve student hours.
Equal Opportunity: Center for Transformative Action (CTA) is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are hired based on their merit, ability, experience, and training without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, age, mental or physical ability, size, religious affiliation, or genetic makeup. We are committed to being an inclusive organization and encourage people from diverse communities to apply.
For more information about CUSLAR, please visit cuslar.org.
How to apply
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, April 17, 2020.
No phone calls, please — questions can be sent to email@example.com.